Seven Healthy Recipes I Love


This pregnancy I am committed to being healthier than I was last time and so far I've been feeling fairly successful at it. I'm eating a lot more vegetables and have been consciously seeking out healthier meal options.

Here are seven healthy recipes that I love and have made multiple times. Of course, I'm not a nutritionist, so I don't know exactly how healthy these are, but in general I look for recipes with lots of vegetables and without anything too fatty.

1. Chicken Sausage and Roasted Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner from Our Best Bites
This recipe is so easy and so good. You just chop up the sausage, sweet potato, and Brussel sprouts and then roast them in the oven. I've never used the pomegranate seeds, which I imagine would taste delicious, but it's been so good without them that it's definitely not a necessity.

2. Honey Lime Tilapia from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Tilapia is such an easy thing to cook and I've found a few recipes with it that I really enjoy. My favorite is this honey lime tilapia. It has to marinate beforehand, but if I start it around lunchtime then dinner time is so easy- under twenty minutes until it's ready!

3. The Best Chicken Fajitas from Iowa Girl Eats
I've posted about these before, but they really are the best homemade fajitas I've had. There is no marinating, plenty of vegetables, and everything tastes amazing. I'll usually make a bit of homemade guacamole to go along with it and it is heavenly.

4. Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry from Kraft Foods
Just a fun, easy stir-fry. I love the flavor the pineapple gives (I buy canned) and this is simple and filling. It's actually on the menu for this week and I'm looking forward to it!

5. P.F. Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps from Damn Delicious
This meal is a wonderful treat for me. I only get ground chicken from Walmart, and I only go to Walmart about once every two months, so whenever I go I motivate myself with the knowledge that we get to eat chicken lettuce wraps. They are SO good and it's easy to change the spiciness level since Brock and I need everything to be super mild.

6. Roasted Sweet Potato Chicken Quinoa Salad from Our Best Bites
Big salads are some of my favorite things to make for dinner. This one has everything- quinoa, chicken, sweet potatoes, avocados, red onion, and feta cheese. I love it every time I make it and it's great to have an excuse to buy bacon dressing.

7. Broccoli Quinoa Casserole from Damn Delicious
This casserole is easy and loaded with cheese and broccoli. I love being able to dump everything in a pan and then have time to clean the kitchen while it cooks. It always tastes amazing and gives plenty of leftovers, which is a definite plus.

Honorable Mentions:
1. No-Bake Healthy Granola Bites from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
I made these religiously before I got pregnant. I would eat the batch in about 4 days and then immediately have to make more because I loved them so much. I never used the rice krispies and would add in slivered almonds when I  had them on hand. For some reason, they just haven't sounded good to me since I've been pregnant but I wish they did, if that makes sense.

2. Roasted Broccoli from The Amateur Gourmet
Hands down, this is my favorite way to eat broccoli. I've never liked steamed broccoli so I thought I just didn't like broccoli, but then I tried it this way and I was hooked. Since I found out I was slightly anemic this pregnancy, I've been trying to eat broccoli at least once a week and this recipe is always the one I use.

Comments

Popular Posts