What I'm Into (November)


It's always fun to talk about what type of things I'm in to. Now that Calvin is four months old and is sleeping through the night (!!!), I feel way more settled into a routine.

So here is what I'm into this month:

Parenting
-Door Monkey Lock
We bought this for James's room a few weeks ago and it has changed our lives. With this on the door, he can't get out of his room in the middle of the night or during naps, and I like that it's not a permanent fixture. I recommend this to everyone who is transferring their toddler from a crib to a bed

-The Happy Sleeper by Heather Turgeon and Julie Wright
I really like this sleep book. I feel like I've read them all and I liked the way this information was laid out. It helped me figure out Calvin's sleep pattern and now he is sleeping from 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. with a 4:00 a.m. feeding, plus taking good naps during the day. He is a naturally good sleeper, but it was good for me to pick up on his rhythms.

Reading
I haven't posted in awhile about books that I've recently read, so here's a quick list of books that I've liked:
-American Fire by Monica Hesse (listened to it as an audiobook and it was great)
-Hum If You Don't Know the Words by Bianca Marais
-Hourglass by Dani Shapiro
-Suburban Nation by Andres Duany
-Lucky Boy by Shanthi Sekaran
-The Big Rock Candy Mountain by Wallace Stegner


Watching
-Stranger Things
Brock and I are taking season 2 super slow. We've watched it in four different segments and are only partway through the second episode. I'm a scaredy-cat about everything so I bury my face in Brock's shoulder at even the most innocuous thing, so I'm not in a rush to finish.

-This Is Us
I'm watching this series with my sister and am totally loving it. I'm very into dramas and emotions and this show has plenty of both. Plus, I love seeing Jess from Gilmore Girls play a dad and have loved Mandy Moore since she was that mean girl on Princess Diaries.

Exercising
Ah, exercise. I could (and maybe will) write a whole post on the damage done to my body by a second baby (including my feet going up a shoe size), but for now I'll just say that I'm trying to exercise again. Here is what I've been doing:

-Yoga with Adriene
I've been doing the Yoga Revolution series she posted at the beginning of this year, and I like the way it builds up in intensity

-Momma Strong
I signed up for this website on a whim. It's $2 a month and I'd heard that it is supposed to really help your core after having kids. I do the 15 minute HIIT workouts a few times a week and am always extremely sore afterward.

And, as always, I'm doing lots and lots of baby-wearing.

Comments

  1. Yay for Yoga With Adriene- I'm such a fan too. She is a lifesaver for busy mums who just want to squeeze in a session during the day and can't make it out to a class. I'm going super slow through Stranger Things 2 as well, I think I can handle about one nightmare a week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts